Buying furniture need not give you so much stress. Turn to online furniture stores to make thing easier for you. You get more benefits such as traveling from one city to another and you get to have more options.
Here are 10 useful hints to follow when shopping from online furniture stores.
1. Click on different furniture online stores. Do not focus on the big stores or the popular ones. Check on small shops, too. Differentiate the design, feature and price of their product. There may be fitment that are of the same structure, features and quality sold in the small shops and sold less than the big stores.
2. Verify if the store provide made-to-order furniture. This provision will give you more flexibility as you do not need to worry on the size of your room. The problem with buying furniture that was already built is the size. Some rooms or homes have a small entrance or a big room and cannot find furniture suitable for it.
3. Check if the website has zoom tools where you can view the furniture’s material. Some sites offer this tool allowing you to examine closely the fibers and wood grains.
4. Verify if you can do an online follow-up on your order. This will provide an update on the delivery status of your furniture.
5. Examine their cancellation procedure. It is better if the online furniture shop has this feature since you will not have to wait or suffer their incompetency. However, you need to make sure that your credit card will only be debited once you received the furniture. It will be a big problem if they debit the amount without you having the furniture yet.
6. Check if they have a return policy on furniture that was damaged during the shipment. Some stores provide repair on furniture damaged during the delivery. They have a maintenance person that goes with the crew. If the damage is quite big, you must be able to return the fitment back to the store. Some stores require you to pay for the shipment fee this time. You may be lucky to find one that will not require you to do this.
7. Try calling customer service to verify if they are easy to deal with and can be contacted easily. Check their phone number, email or if you can chat with them.
8. Read customers’ reviews to evaluate if the online furniture shop is prompt with their service. Delivery of made-to-order furniture is about 8 – 16 weeks. This is important, as you do not want to wait too long for your order.
9. As much as possible, go for an online furniture shop that provides white-glove policy. Some furniture stores just delivery the product and leaves it on your doorstep. White-glove policy means the product is delivered and brought inside your home. The crew unwraps it, sets it up for you and gets all the mess that they have created.
10. Buy a small item first before buying a big item. By this transaction, you will know the credibility and professionalism of the store.
As I have mentioned, do not get stress buying your home furniture. There is an easier method to do it, where you can sit and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee or a can of beer while checking on the furniture that you want. And that is to shop from online furniture stores.