Furniture buying involves a lot of patience, understanding, time and more importantly cash. One thing for sure, you would want it to stay for a long time. The secret to keep your bedroom’s modern furniture longer is in the superiority and the manner of maintaining it.
Good quality fixtures may need a big amount; however, you will realize that it will pay off. Good quality furniture usually is very durable that you can even hand it down to the next age group.
A yearly examination of your bedroom furnishings will keep them in good condition and will make them to stay longer. Loose bolts, screws or brackets must be tightened as well as handles of drawers. Secure loose boards by using wood glue to put them back where they belong to.
Cleanliness must be observed to make them always looking fresh and new. However, bedroom furniture made from wood must be conditioned so as not to make it too dry. Dust and filth will easily make the finish of your furniture dull and dry so dust them once in a week. The weather in your area will decide how many times you need to condition your furniture.
Check the labels for harmful chemicals as these will lead to the depreciation of your furniture finish. A soft cloth is all you need to clean wooden furnishings. You can also make use of a dash of furniture shine. A mixture of mild soap and tepid water can be used for deep cleansing but ensure to dry the wood totally and that water will not be infused in.
Blemishes can be prevented by using a mattress topper. This will make it unsoiled and at the same time more comfy. Children must not be permitted to treat your mattress like a trampoline and do not stand on it. Sitting on the border of the mattress for lengthy hours will give perpetual serrations on the area. Your mattress will stay for quite a long time than its expected life span if you turn it over every 3 to 4 months.
Leather furniture has been considered a sign of luxury and quality for a long time and it is finding its way into many homes. More families purchase leather furniture based on the simple fact that leather lasts longer and is more durable than fabric. When properly cared for, leather furniture can last up to two decades longer than upholstery. Many people who own leather furniture often wonder what are some things that they can do to keep their leather furniture looking brand new. We have the answers for you!
- Read and follow your leather furniture’s care and cleaning instructions on the manufacturer’s label, which is often attached to the seat deck under the cushions or sewn to a cushion. Unsealed leather should be vacuumed regularly and wiped with a clean, damp cloth. Spills must be blotted immediately with a soft, dry cloth. Sealed leather furniture should be cleaned with a mild soap and water solution. Afterwards, dry the leather with a soft, clean cloth.
- Never use a cleaning solution not recommended by the manufacturer. Purchase leather care products to properly clean your leather and preserve your warranty protection.
- Do not place your beautiful leather furniture in direct sunlight or within two feet of a heat source such as a fireplace, register or portable heater. Direct heat sources can cause your leather furniture to dry out, crack or stiffen. Cover windows with blinds or shades and rearrange your furniture regularly to prevent fading.
Ahhh Fall! As we come to the end of summer, many people begin to take advantage of the beautiful fall weather. Warm days, crunchy leaves, and of course football. While closets, counters, windows, floors, tables, and carpets are at the mercy of the cleaning crew, don’t neglect your upholstered furniture such as sofas, loveseats, chairs and recliners.
The dirt that gathers on solid surfaces such as floors and tables is easy to see and clean. Consider that this same dirt and dust you clean from your end tables, often several times a week, has also settled on your upholstered furniture.
How can you properly spring clean your upholstery to keep it looking new?
- Vacuum all surfaces of your upholstered furniture including both sides of any removable cushions. Use your vacuum cleaners crevice tool and dust brush attachments to get into deep corners. Always use the dust brush on leather furniture so suction doesn’t damage the surface.
- Flip and rotate your cushions. Turn your cushions over and rotate them to even out the wear and make the inner cushion and the fabric last longer. This should be done each month, not only in the spring.
- Rearrange your furniture. The ultraviolet rays from direct sunlight can fade fabric and leather, just like it damages your skin, depriving your furniture of its gorgeous look. Use window blinds or sheers on windows to minimize the sun rays.
- Massage your furniture. That’s right, start from the bottom of the arms and back and push the stuffing up, giving it a full look. This works air back into the synthetic fibers and keeps it nice and cushy.
Visit CLS Direct to shop our vast selection of affordable, durable and beautiful upholstered furniture!